Redwood City, CA — Self Aware Games (www.selfawaregames.com) is pleased to announce its first release, Taxiball(tm), exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Taxiball’s intuitive tilt-based controls let players jump right into the action – rolling through cities, picking up and dropping off fares while jumping over water, skidding across ice, and avoiding other hazards – earning as much cash as possible before the clock runs out. Set to an all-vocal beatbox soundtrack by Wes Carroll, a popular San Francisco beatboxer, Taxiball’s frantic arcade action is a charming, lighthearted change of pace from the norm.
- Hours of Gameplay Across Seven Different Cities: Seven different levels provide challenges for players of all skill levels, from novice players to experienced vets. You may be able to clear every fare on N00bsville, but only the best will open the Gates of Wrath.
- Global Online Leaderboards: See how you stack up against Taxiball players around the world, but more importantly, see who among your friends comes out on top!
- Dozens of Awards to Unlock: From completing a fare lightning quick to beating a level without ever hitting a wall, there are Awards that will challenge players of every skill level!
- Friends Lists: Keep track of your friends’ scores and Awards. Wondering how to get the Speed Demon award? Find a friend who’s got it and ask ‘em!
- Progress Tracking: Curious how far you’ve rolled? Wondering how many fares you’ve picked up? The game keeps track of your progress so you can see how far you’ve come.
- All-Vocal Beatbox Audio: Everything from the dynamic soundtrack to the “plonk” of falling into water is the voice of Wes Carroll, a local beatboxer and respected vocal percussion instructor.
- Neo-8-bit Style: Crisp, clean graphics perfectly complement the iPhone’s display capabilities. Bright, charming, and full of personality, Taxiball’s a break from the dreary norm.
- Free Version & Full Version Compatibility: Gave the Free Version of Taxiball a spin and loved it? Great! Upgrade to the Full Version and not only do you get more levels, more Awards, and more challenge, you get to keep your user ID, Awards, and progress across versions!
- Expandable: In addition to the seven awesome levels that ship with the launch of Taxiball, future updates will expand the game, adding more cities, more fares, and more Awards.
Headquartered in sunny Redwood City, CA, Self Aware Games is a startup focused on developing games for the new generation of mobile platforms. Founded in 2009 by game industry vets and high-tech pioneers, Self Aware is working toward nothing less than revolutionizing how people play games.
To find out more, visit our blog at www.selfawaregames.com/blog
Taxiball is a trademark of Self Aware Games, Inc. All rights reserved.